The South Australian Photographic Federation [SAPF] was formed on the 1st February 1962 to encourage and promote amateur photography in South Australia. It is the umbrella organisation of affiliated clubs and groups throughout South Australia, coordinating the activities within the groups and thereby encouraging proficiency in the art and science of photography.
The Affiliated Clubs of the Federation provide fellowship, educational activities and friendly competition to photographic enthusiasts from beginner to expert level. All activities are designed to provide a photographer with stimulation and challenge and the impetus to improve their skills.
The SAPF is associated with the Australian Photographic Society [APS] and is a member of the Photographic Society of America [PSA].
- Access to judges who are trained and competent.
- Information about competitions and exhibitions.
- An opportunity to compete in the SAPF Annual and other competitions.
- Expert photographic advice.
- The right to send a representative to the general meetings of the Federation and thereby gain a position on management committee.
- Access to ideas/information from other clubs.
- Opportunity to interact with other clubs for social and photographic pursuits.
- Access to lectures, seminars, courses run by SAPF.
- Membership discounts at local Adelaide photographic retailer.
- Opportunities to join in photographic workshops, attend seminars and product information events conducted by selected photographic retailers.
- Support for those interested in AV (audio-visual) presentations.
- Opportunity to sell items of photographic interest.
- The means [as listed above] of improving your photography, of socializing and interacting with a group of like-minded people while enjoying and having fun in this extremely exciting and evolving art form.
Benefits for Clubs
- Access inter-club, state, interstate, national and international competitions, exhibitions, seminars, workshops and conventions of various kinds.
- Provides services to affiliated clubs e.g. by creating a pool of qualified judges who can be invited to judge club competitions.
- Provides judges for country clubs.
- Encourages clubs and members to be involved in the care of the environment by the pursuit of nature photography.
- Maintains a web presence for promotion of camera clubs, club and photographic information and offers a means of showcasing club images and providing archival storage of SAPF photographic history.
- SAPF provides Public Liability insurance that covers members and their clubs at meetings and on official club outings.
- Through the Mullins Fund, clubs can apply for financial assistance should the need arise.
- Through the Photographic Preservation Society of SA [an affiliated group] access to historical equipment, the annual Photographers Market and opportunity, for those interested in this aspect of photography, to learn how to preserve/repair/maintain these treasures.
- We highly regard the historical significance of South Australian photographers by maintaining a Permanent Collection of their work. We are constantly on the lookout for additional works, particularly that of earlier SA photographers.
SAPF Management Committee Members 2018
Mob: 0419 840 511
Immediate Past President:
Mob: 0417 081 910
Mob: 0499 121 140
Assistant Secretary :
Mob: 0411 554 139
Mob: 0403 253 153
Phone: 8381 4249
APS South Australian Rep
Country Judge coordinator: